Finding the right trade-off between bootstrapping and raising money early is not easy, in particular if these are the only two available choices. One of the great thing about good entrepreneurs and VCs is that they find ways to create new options when they don’t like the options presented to them. In that spirit I wrote Beyond Bootstrapping for AlwaysOn. The piece came from a conversation Tony Perkins and I had about GoingOn, Tony’s new venture–a social infrastructure play that came out of his experience with AlwaysOn.
- Excited to join my friends @Accomplices in funding @thefuturescore: a simple way to help both the climate and your… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @TS_Longevity: Applications for the next @Techstars Future of Longevity Accelerator in partnership with @pivotalventures, a @melindagate… 2 months ago
- To become the market leader in a huge market, first become the market leader in a (ideally fast-growing) niche market. 7 months ago
- I keep talking to startups that claim to be the leaders in large markets while having less than 1% market share. By… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- There is no market leadership without market share leadership. 7 months ago
Adobe Advertising amazon web services Digital Media e-commerce entrepreneurship Facebook Google Industry News Life Macromedia Flash Microsoft Mobile MySpace Polaris Venture Partners SaaS Security Social Commerce Social computing social media social networking startups VC Venture Capital Web 2.0