Ebay and Google have partnered around foreign ads. This shows the importance of Europe and the emerging markets. It also points to the increasingly complicated online landscape. EBay would have loved to partner with someone else but their options weren’t great. Y! competes with them in auctions. Microsoft’s ad technology & network significantly lag Google, while strategically this may have been a better match, the pressure on eBay is such that they cannot ignore the short-run economics.
- Excited to join my friends @Accomplices in funding @thefuturescore: a simple way to help both the climate and your… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @TS_Longevity: Applications for the next @Techstars Future of Longevity Accelerator in partnership with @pivotalventures, a @melindagate… 1 week ago
- To become the market leader in a huge market, first become the market leader in a (ideally fast-growing) niche market. 5 months ago
- I keep talking to startups that claim to be the leaders in large markets while having less than 1% market share. By… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- There is no market leadership without market share leadership. 5 months ago
Adobe Advertising amazon web services Digital Media e-commerce entrepreneurship Facebook Google Industry News Life Macromedia Flash Microsoft Mobile MySpace Polaris Venture Partners SaaS Security Social Commerce Social computing social media social networking startups VC Venture Capital Web 2.0